Vibha Internship Program
Welcome to Vibha’s inaugural Internship program for high school students.
- 4 week program with expectation of minimum 20hrs/week of committed time from each student (during work hours 8-5pm)
- From June 14th through July 23rd (week of July 4th off)
- A team of students work closely with VIBHA mentor(s)
- A define project will be executed by students under the leadership & guidance of mentor(s)
- Real-world experience; gain experience in communication, team work, organization skill; interpersonal skills & career/trade skills
- Each student gets a certificate of successful completion from VIBHA in addition to volunteer hours
- Mentor could provide recommendation letter for their college application based on performance of the student
- It is a virtual program (at least this year)
- Unpaid program
Apply for 2021 Summer Internship here.
Students are selected based on their experience & project needs. In addition to reviewing a student's application and resume, they may also be interviewed by mentors/program coordinators.
- Student applications are due May 1st.
- Student application reviewed and selections made by May 18th
- Projects assignments by May 31st
- Internship kick off June 14th
- Mid-term presentation - week of June 28th
- Final presentations & graduation - July 23rd
Projects vary from year to year, and require varied skills in IT, writing, graphic design, videography, photography, and others. Proposed projects this year include:
- A portal for our patron to view & search all information related to “Are you ready for college?” This portal will be source of information regarding college admissions, scholarships, internships, experiences from other students, useful contact information, and others, that can be used by high schoolers as they get ready for college.
- Develop high quality video stories showcasing VIBHA projects in India & US. As part of this student will have to research on VIBHA projects, gather stats, develop a story, write commentary and finally pull it all together into a video that will showcase the project & its impacts.